Trauma Radiology for Deployed Physicians
Department of Radiology and
Radiological Sciences Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Want to shadow a radiologist?
Radiology Lifeline CME: Overview and Sponsorship
Overview: Welcome to the Continuing Medical Education (CME) Webpage for the Radiology Lifeline: Trauma Radiology
for Deployed Physicians, an online enduring material created by the Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences within
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. The CME is sponsored by the U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) with online
modules and assessments maintained on the USU iLearning Management System. The interactive modules provide current training on
trauma imaging for radiologists and other providers that use imaging to care for patients while deployed. The topics on imaging
that are currently covered include cervical spine trauma, traumatic brain imaging, abdominal trauma, and musculoskeletal trauma. Sponsorship: This activity is sponsored by the U.S. Army Medical Command.
Requirements: In order to be eligible for this CME activity you must be a physician with a .mil email account.
Additionally, use of Internet Explorer will be required for computer based access to the U.S. ARMY MEDCOM CME website.
Radiology Lifeline CME: Policy and Specifics (Mandatory)
Radiology Lifeline CME: Instructions and Links (Getting Started)
Step I. Register for the course on the U.S. ARMY MEDCOM CME Webpage
1. Go to the U.S. ARMY MEDCOM CME Webpage https://education.mods.army.mil/CME/Secured/Default.aspx
2. Select Activity Registration
3. Log in (You may need to Request Login ID if you don’t have an existing account)
4. Search by activity title (Radiology Lifeline: Trauma Radiology for Deployed Physicians)
5. Register for the course
Step II. Email the Course Coordinator for USU iLearning Management System username and password. (Please cc the Course Director on your email correspondence)
Please note that your email must be received from a .mil email address in order to participate in this activity. Due to system limitations, this account that will be created for you will only be valid for a period of 30 days.
Step III. Log in to the Uniformed Services University iLearning Management System (Sakai)
1. Go to https://learning.usuhs.edu/xsl-portal
2. Login with your Sakai username and password
3. Select the Quicklink along the top blue banner labeled Radiology Lifeline: Trauma Radiology for Deployed Physicians
4. Select Lessons within Course Tools (on the left hand side of the screen)
5. Select Module Links and Module Quizzes as desired
6. Complete the Module Quizzes. A passing score of 70% is required for each module quiz in order to receive CME credit.
Step IV. Return to the U.S. ARMY MEDCOM CME Webpage and submit the activity evaluation in order to claim a
CME certificatehttps://education.mods.army.mil/CME/Secured/Default.aspx The Course Director will confirm your
participation and passing quiz scores. This confirmation will allow you access to complete the course evaluation and the credit form and eventually your CME certificate.